Mix and match is the flavour of the season. Be it in clothing and accessories or home decor, this concept has made a great impact everywhere. In case of choosing furniture for home, people are showing much interest in blending vintage or old school and modern furniture to create a nice and classy look. People possessing an experimental nature and a distinct taste of beauty mix and match these two styles.
Here is how you can mix and match vintage and modern furniture:
- Buy one or two vintage pieces of furniture and you can use them as the emphasizing points in your design. Likewise, try to highlight on a small number of modern furniture pieces and then you will be able to create a look that is not so congested and is just perfect.
- Make for an eye-catching furniture piece combining both the elements of vintage and modern furniture. This lone spectacular piece will lend a beautiful and a unified look to your home.
- If you wish to create a unifying look, think about the colours which you want to use. Pep up your home décor with the blend of modern and vintage furniture pieces make sure that both of them have a specific colour. The specific colour will help to create a unifying look.
- Be careful in combining both the styles. Mix and match two or more styles that compliment each other. Antique pieces look really great with mid-century modern pieces.
- Arrange for a make over session of vintage pieces as modern furniture to lend them a modern and trendy look. How can you do that? It is easy. Repaint vintage furniture with vibrant but not too loud colours to give them a nice contemporary look.
This is how you can mix and match vintage and modern furniture pieces. It is interesting and should be given a try to give your home an innovative look.